Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Buying a Championship

I think the Dodgers are trying to use a page from the Yankees book and buy a championship. They have been busy at the deadline for trades via waivers in order to have players be eligible for the playoffs. The only problem is that they really aren't that good. They might have the best record, but they play mostly west coast teams. They all suck. So that is why the Dodgers are now trying to bring in all the help they can get. That is fine, but I still don't think they are going to past the first round of the playoffs if they have to play an east coast team. I really doubt they make the World Series. I think, and it pains me to say this, but the Phillies are the team to beat right now in the National League. The NLCS goes through Philly.

On the other hand, I don't really care anymore since football is starting up and there is a buzz in Minnesota. My two favorite teams (Vikings and Ravens) will probably win their divisions and maybe even play each other in the Super Bowl. That is if the Ravens can beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship. With Brett Favre at QB, there is no stopping the Vikings. They have too many weapons and know how to use them. I was actually excited to watch the preseason game last night against the Texans. This team reminds me a lot of 1998 Purple Reign team. And the good thing is that Longwell won't miss the chip shot field goal in the league championship game this year. (Damn you, Gary Anderson!)

That's all for now. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment